Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fool Me Twice

Well “guy number 6” turned out to be just a big jerk as the guys before. As you may know, we were supposed to be going to the NASCAR event together. Since this guy had practically begged me to go, I even called out of work because he begged me so badly to go with him.

Well yesterday morning he texts me saying “not to sound like a jerk but you’re going to have to pay me for the ticket”. I was like “okay…how much is the ticket?” him claiming the ticket is $100. It’s not like I don’t have the money to go but…I’d rather not spend it on something like watching cars go around a track which…I could do at home really.


Then he went so far to tell me that he wasn’t sure if he could afford for me to go if I didn’t pay him for the ticket. It’s like…you could afford $200 when you bought 2 tickets in the first place but suddenly you have to check to see if you can afford it when you’ve already purchased the tickets prior to ever even having me in your life? Doesn’t make much sense to me, I mean, it was either he brings me or he pays for a ticket to an event he will go to by himself and waste $100 since he couldn’t find anyone else willing to go out of there way for him.


It’s like, the other night he tried to tell me how we should do dinner and a movie and get a room together. When we ended up just watching a DVD he had already purchased and hanging at his place so…how much do you think that would’ve cost if we had done what he wanted to in the first place? Let me do some research on the cost of those 3 things combined…


Normal Dine-in Dinner: Est. $40 for 2 w/tip
Average Matinee Movie Tickets (w/out food): $10/x2 Adults
Cheapest Hotel Online: $65.00/1 Night (16.5 miles from his place)
Total=$125.00


Looks like his cheap-self could’ve afforded it to me. Even if we had just had dinner and the hotel or a movie and the hotel, it would’ve been over $100 or a little under. Unless, he wants to take me to McDonalds and go for the Dollar Menu on our first date? Ha-ha. He didn’t even want to go to a normal movie theatre…he wanted to go to one of the ones in a little downtown area so…it probably would’ve been a cheaper ticket for some older movie. What the heck was I thinking? This is why we should always listen to our instincts. No wonder he thinks I’m out of his league (because I apparently am)…I guess because I expect to be treated like a queen, which he knew anyway, heh. He’s a manager that lives with his parents, how could he not afford $100? I think a typical kindergartner has $100 without any having a job!


So, back to the story at hand. He claims to have texted me tons of times to my cell phone…which I didn’t receive a single text from him since earlier in the day when he had requested ticket money about 12 hours after I had initially just left his house telling him I could go with him to the race. So I waited till 9pm to finally text him and ask him why he never got back to me on him being able to afford for me to go. He claims in those tons of messages to me that he was trying to tell me how he could afford for me to go with him after all. So I got pretty happy about that and then I proceed to ask him if he still wanted me to go with him. He then says how he ended up getting his Dad to go since he didn’t hear from me. It's like; your hearing from me now, why can’t you just tell your Dad you had wanted to take me?! So whatever, I waited a little bit and texted with “well, I was waiting for your call to tell you that I could afford to go with you after all”, just to be queen-bee about it. He hasn’t said anything to me since, and I had to tell my work to disregard my “family emergency”, shame on me, and him.


Word to the wise…if a guy preaches he is some “southern gentlemen”, it’s just the same as a guy trying to tell you he’s a “nice guy”. In reality, if he’s a nice guy, he doesn’t go around saying that he is. Also means…he’s probably a southern hick or prick is more the word.

No comments: