Saturday, March 29, 2008

Better Judgement

As women I believe we should try to give some men the "benefit of the doubt" as you read from my previous post and also be keen to what your instincts are telling you about someone.


Today I was meeting up with a new guy, which makes him date number 6 this year(although I have yet to blog about guy number 5). We have been friends on MySpace.com for some time now although we've only chatted on and off...up until now of course. He writes me and tells me how he has gotten out of a relationship he had been in and how he is looking to meet someone new in his life. Although he acts as if I'm out of his league he is very sweet to me and I try to assure him that I'm just me...no set type really and I try to assure him that we're more alike then he ever could imagine.

So today we were suppose to go on a date and he was so excited about it around 8am and he's all texting my cell phone and everything. Little to my knowledge he had a doctors appointment that didn't go at all well later that day. To make a long story short, he starts being indecisive about our date and over reacting and just...being plain odd. So we basically come to a conclusion that today is just...not going to be at all a good day for us to meet up. So we cancel the date, he feels horrible but I know its for the best although I was a little pissed he had waited so long to inform me which he did appologize for.

So I eat dinner and about an hour later he's calling my cell. He changes his mind saying how he does want to go out now. Which...has thrown me for a loop to say the least because I was basically ready to stay in and call it a night after basically being stood-up in such an odd way. So I cave in and tell him that okay, we'll meet up. 20 minutes later he's calling me asking where I am...I hadn't even finished getting ready yet. So feeling aggravted from earlier and then him being too pushy I just tell him that...I don't think today will be a good day for us to hangout. So I basically stand him up(a first for me but...he did it first!).

Then I turn into him and text him and write him online about how I'm sorry for cancelling on him like that and so forth. So we gradually work our way into a conversation again trying to assist the issues at hand and I just had to find out what happened at his doctors appointment that he wouldn't tell me about earlier but he had to discuss it with his parents so urgently.

Come to find out not only was his blood pressure high but he could possibly have cancer which was unexpected news to him. I mean, I was in shock really and felt horrible for him and I'm praying to God he doesn't have cancer because this guy is just someone after my own heart. Cancer is a very sensitive subject for me. Having lost one of my most dearest family members to it has been one of the hardest things for my family and I. So yea, I mean...I felt horrible for the guy and just wanted to show him my love and support and reassure him that I will always be someone that's there for him regardless if we ever have a meaningful relationship or not.

I will be the first to tell you that I was crying and praying for this guy today. So, we ended up spending time at his place tonight and watching a DVD after all the standing up we had done to each other today we couldn't stand it anymore. Not only was it nice just being with someone that looked at me with such admiration and an open heart to finding new love in his life but he appreciated me even more-so because I had showed how much I cared for him since he has basically been a stranger to me up until recently and meeting him for the first time today. He also had tickets to the Nascar event this week and I've called out of work "family emergency" on my way over to his place to be able to go with him(he seemed happy and surprised I did so because I had mentioned earlier I had to be at work that day and couldn't go) since he had no one else able to go with him and was worried about having an extra ticket with no one to use it. Life is too precious and too short to worry about things like work because to me family, friends and God always comes first.

Well, for anyone else reading this blog out there, your thoughts and prayers for him will be greatly appreciated. He'll find out next week if he does have cancer or not, I'll do my best to keep everyone posted.

No comments: