Saturday, August 4, 2007

SECOND CHANCES

I'm not exactly certain that many of you or any of you out there have ever given someone a "second chance" at something. I am usually caught doing such acts as the "second chance" meaning you've forgiven another person for something for the first time thus giving them another chance. Perhaps I shouldn't be so forgiving since my past relationships have all failed me but deep down I suppose I'm a pretty forgiving person that just wants to get along with everyone.

To make a long story short, I apologized to the man I had been dating for the past two months and he apologized as well. We came to the conclusion that in order for us to ever have a healthy relationship we're going to have to communicate better with one another. If you ask me it's hard starting a new relationship because you want things to go smoothly but in some cases a lot of negative things may occur in the beginning and things that go unsaid because you don't want to doom this new relationship. With myself when all these negative things continue on and build up inside my brain, I eventually explode with negative feedback when pushed over the edge and it's not very charming.

Speaking of "second chances" I spoke with someone that I've really begun to like over the past few months and he mentioned to me about him being a bit hurt that I had picked another man over him. As it turned out the man I had been with, I believe he tried to play me for a fool of some sort and the man who is still a bit down about the whole thing has continued to talk to me and befriend me.

I really hope he can see things from my perspective and forgive me for the things I did because I really care about him, even if he lives a four day drive away. The relationship we have is a bit odd to me because even when we're single or when we're dating we always talk like we really want to be with each other even though I wouldn't go so far as to say that we're cheating since we've never met but, who knows what the future holds in store for both of us.

No comments: